Surface Mount Technology is now present on most printed circuit boards Kasdon produces, meaning both the speed and accuracy of placement are crucial. In addition to this, the size of surface mount components have been reducing over time.
To keep up with these changes Kasdon has invested in fast, accurate and future proofed machinery capable of placing any component packages currently in manufacture including odd form connectors and packages.
Alongside SMT assembly we also offer Through-hole Assembly services to a wide range of industries and sectors.
Production SMT Assembly Lines
As specialists in SMT technology, we currently offer 6 high-speed Juki SMT assembly lines which allow us to tailor our capacity to best meet your needs and requirements. We are capable of facilitating over 15 million component placements per month across these six PCB assembly lines. This allows us to effectively provide a great service that meets your assembly requirements, whether you need a few circuit boards assembled or a few thousand. With laser-guided placement and full vision systems, we can provide accurate placement of parts from 0201 to 50-millimetre square. These components include ball grid array (BGA), thin quad flat pack (TQFP), plastic leaded chip carrier (PLCC) and many odd-form components.
Prototype SMT Assembly Line
Kasdon Electronics offer absolute flexibility in its PCB assembly services. Surface mount technology (SMT) is not really a process that lends itself easily to low-volume PCB manufacture. However, Kasdon offers a dedicated prototype SMT assembly line and service, which means that we are able to offer a full production representative service for anything from a one-off project and upwards. The lead times start from one day and would normally be three days from the availability of the PCB and the full kit of parts for the prototype batches.
Our Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Capabilities:
Our surface mount technology assembly capabilities can be summarised as follows:
- Dedicated prototype SMT assembly line for a rapid route to market.
- 6 High-Speed Juki/Samsung SMT assembly lines for volume assembly.
- Stencil size capacity from DEK 240 to DEK 249.
- Component placement from 0201 to 50mm square using laser vision alignment.
- Free issue kits or fully procured service.
- Accurate component counting and recording using X-ray.
- Huge selection of stocked production-ready components.
- Bench top AOI for first off inspection to ensure correct machine set-up and low batch size inspection.
- Inline AOI for larger batch builds.
- 100% automated optical inspection (AOI) of all surface mount assembly
- X-ray of PCBs for viewing of voids and wire bonding.
- Advice on component availability and Leadtime Issues
For further information on our surface mount equipment available please contact us.
Contact Kasdon Electronics for SMT Assembly
Should you wish to discuss these services or indeed any technical aspect of them and how they apply to your needs, please feel free to contact Kasdon via email, phone or Skype to our team who will be happy to help.