Due to the need for miniaturisation, many PCB’s now utilise Surface Mount Technology (SMT). Kasdon is now in its twenty first year of offering this service to a wide range of industries.
Prototype SMT Line
Kasdon offers absolute flexibility in its services. Surface Mount (SMT) is not really a process which lends itself easily to low volume manufacture. However Kasdon offers a dedicated prototype line and service. This means we can offer a full production representative service for anything from a one off upwards. Lead times start from one day and would more normally be 3 days from availability of PCB & full kit of parts for prototype batches.
Production SMT Lines
We also offer currently 6 High Speed Juki Lines allowing us to tailor our capacity to best meet your needs. We are capable of over 15 Million Placement per month across these 6 lines. This allows us to offer a great service to meet your requirements whether they be a few or a few thousand. With laser guided placement and full vision systems we can offer placement of parts from 0201 to 50 millimetre square. components, ball grid array (BGA), thin quad flat pack (TQFP), plastic leaded chip carrier (PLCC) and many odd form components.
All our SMT assemblies benefit from “state of the art” IR reflow and are all 100% AOI checked prior to further final assembly before shipment to our customers
Our Surface Mount Technology Capability can be summarised as follows:
- Dedicated prototype SMT line for rapid route to market.
- 6 High Speed Juki SMT Lines for volume assembly.
- Stencil size capacity from DEK 240 to DEK 249.
- Component placement from 0201 to 50mm QFP using laser vision alignment.
- Delivery from within 3 working days when necessary
- Free issue kits or fully procured service.
- Huge selection of stocked production ready components.
- 100% automated optical inspection (AOI) of all surface mount assembly
- Advice on component availability and Leadtime Issues
For further information on our surface mount equipment available please contact us.
Should you wish to discuss these services or indeed any technical aspect of them and how they apply to your needs, please feel free to contact Kasdon via email, phone or Skype to our team who will be happy to help.