Do you provide PCB Manufacture as well as PCB Assembly?
Yes, please visit our sister company for PCB Manufacture – Clarydon Electronic Services.
How long does it take to get a quote?
In almost all circumstances we will quote within one day of receiving the enquiry, and usually we would expect to reply within 4 hours.
What forms of payment do you accept? And what are your Payment Terms?
We accept payment by Direct Bank Transfer, Cheque or Credit Card. For new customers we expect first order to be paid in full on placement of order. This allows to us begin the process of Credit Checks and Account Opening. On successful processing of our Account Application our standard trading terms are Nett: 30 Days.
Do you offer assembly from Free Issue Components?
Yes. We can offer Assembly services whether you would like to supply your own components or prefer us to purchase components on your behalf. Indeed and mixture of both is also quite common.
We would ask that where possible you supply any Free Issued parts in production ready packaging (i.e. taped & reeled, tubes, trays, ammo packs, etc.)
If we are purchasing parts for your build we will use our extensive purchasing strength to ensure you get the best possible price for your components.
What information to I need to give you to get a quote?
For PCB assembly ideally we would like:
- Ideally you will supply us with a complete set of Gerber Files (Usually in RS274X Format) and an Excellon Drill File. In addition a profile drawing containing critical dimensions and any special features and materials used would be perfect. In the real world this rarely happens and we can accommodate just about any presentation of data you have. In addition we need to know the quantity of circuits you require and any particular Lead-Times we need to consider.
- Itemised Bill Of materials including Manufacturers Part Number or Catalogue Cross Reference to enable us to accurately select the correct component for your requirements.
- Component Placement File if available (Component Centres and Orientation)
- Quantity Required
- Leadtime expected
- Any other special information (i.e. test specification, special finishes, packaging requirements, delivery schedules etc.) end
Is your assembly process RoHS Compliant?
Yes we manufacture PCB’s using Lead Free Solder. In special circumstances Non-Rohs can be offered also.
What approvals do you hold?
We hold ISO9001:2008
In addition, we build to IPC-A-610 Rev E Class 2.
What is your standard Lead Time?
Lead times are usually dictated by the availability of PCB’s and components at the time of order placement.
Typically a Free Issue Assembly would be 2 weeks from Receipt of full kit of parts whereas a fully kitted requirement would be 4/5 weeks from order placement assuming no component lead times prevent this.
When we quote we will advise you of the current lead times based on the expectation of component availability
The true answer is there is no such thing as a “standard lead time” because so many factors affect what can be offered. We would prefer you to give us a date and we will endeavour to meet it or else we will tell you at the outset if it simply doesn’t see possible. One of the things that sets Clarydon apart from others is out Flexibility and endeavour to meet and exceed customers expectations.
Will my PCB assemblies be manufactured in UK or China?
Kasdon exclusively supply Printed Circuit Board assemblies from our manufacturing location in the UK. The benefits of this are:
- Consistent levels of High Quality.
- Security of Intellectual Property and design.
What is the best way to contact you and send enquiries?
We offer many ways to contact us. All of these methods are checked regularly for requests and enquiries.
By telephone: (+44) 01902 606 068
By fax: (+44) 01902 606 088
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our enquiry page – please click here.