Kasdon is conscious that its reputation for high quality PCB assemblies needs to be continually maintained and enhanced. Our commitment to quality therefore is all encompassing throughout the business. Our staff are our finest asset and most of them have a wealth of PCB assembly experience gained over many years of service. We understand, however, that ongoing improvements are not only necessary but also vital to our continued success. To this end Kasdon staff undergo continuous “in-house” and external training to IPC 610 standard. Specific equipment training is regularly assessed and improved where necessary.
Our facility has attained ISO 9001:2015 accreditation as well as a number of customer specific approvals.
Why should you use this standard?
- Enables you to better align and integrate multiple management standards
- Takes a risk-based approach, becoming a tool for preventive action
- Moves away from prescriptive paperwork
- Helps organizations of every kind to improve customer satisfaction and build a sustainable future
Our products are quite varied in how they are assured for quality before anything leaves for the customer. To this end we have a range of methods and systems used.
Automated Optical Inspection / AOI
Kasdon employs British made (and indeed locally made) Easy Vision Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) Systems for all surface mount assembly prior to passing onto the next stage of assembly. These systems allow us to perform:
- First off checks to ensure validity of automated assembly programme.
- Polarity and positional accuracy checks for all components.
- Solder inspection & validation.
- Statistical analysis of assembly defects to assist continuous improvement programme
- Serial numbering and batch control.
Automated Functional Test
Test fixtures used can either be designed and manufactured by Kasdon in conjunction with our design team or supplied by our customers. They are a vital part of our QA strategy and allow us to check as much as possible the full validity of a product before it leaves us.
Assisted Visual Inspection
Not all products allow for the use of a full test. To this end we have highly skilled personnel using a range of Vision Engineering equipment i.e. Mantis, Lynx Microscopes etc. these allow us to perform detailed inspection for component accuracy and solder inspection.